10 Questions with Harriet Evans author of Love Always
1. Bookmarks or dog ears?
Hopefully bookmark, but don't object to dog ears and don't understand when people get annoyed about it. IT'S PAPER.
2. Dust jacket on or off when reading a hard back?
On, definitely, that's what a dust jacket's for in my book (that book is called Keep Your Dust Jacket On, obvs).
3. What is the first book you remember reading by yourself as a child?
I think it was the legendary Ant & Bee Go Shopping.
4. What are you reading right now?
Furious Love, a biography of Elizabeth Taylor & Richard Burton and their marriage. Part-pleasure, part-research for next book. Like Ant & Bee Go Shopping only at Bulgari.
5. Do you have a favorite author?
Today it's Dorothy L Sayers.
6. Was there a book that inspired you to write?
I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith.
7. Do you have a favorite place to write?
Yes, The Raleigh Hotel in Miami, I've been there twice for a week by myself to write and it's just gorgeous.
8. How does your garden grow?
With lustrous weeds since I went on hols for 3 weeks and it rained non-stop though the rose bush is now climbing up the garden wall which is super exciting.
9. What is the last thing you Googled?
'iCal doesn't sync with iPhone'. IT IS VERY ANNOYING.
10. What makes you cringe?
People I don't know putting their hands on my tummy (I'm pregnant) like we're in the Bible or the Na'vi in Avatar.
Be sure to check out all of Harriet's books. Look for the giveaway with my review!
I may go all fan girl here. SQUEEEE! She is one of my favorite authors!