20 QUESTIONS WITH: Ann Wertz Garvin, author of On Maggie's Watch
20 Questions with Ann Wertz Garvin,
author of On Maggie's Watch
1. Bookmarks or dog ears?
A little of both, I’m too unorganized to have a consistent system.
2. Dust jacket on or off when reading a hard back?
3. Favorite author?
Tennessee Williams, Erma Bombeck
3. Favorite genre’?
4. What is the best book you have read in the last year?
5.What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
Mine (…or…wait….no, just mine)
6. E books: Friend or foe?
Friend (just so as everyone keeps reading).
7.Was there a book that inspired you to write?
The Deep End of the Ocean – Jacquelyn Mitchard and Who’s Going to Run the Frog Hospital by Lorie Moore
8.What are you reading right now?
Elizabeth Berg – The Last Time I Saw You
9. What is the last book you bought just for the cover?
10. What is the last book you received in the mail?
3 Books: Why Bad Things Happen to Good People, A Short History of a Prince, and Commitment
11. What is the number of books you own?
I haven’t a clue but a whole lotta books let me live in my house.
12. What is the first book you remember reading by yourself as a child?
When We Were Very Young A.A. Milne
13. Do you have a favorite place to read?
The love seat in front of my sunny picture window
14.What is next for you, publishing-wise?
I have two more written and I’m waiting to see what’s next.
16.Do you have a favorite place to write?
My home office with a cup of coffee and Pandora playing
17.Do you have any pets ?
My soul mate Millie a black Labradoodle
18. How does your garden grow?
Pretty much on it’s own. It asks me often to step away.
19. The last thing you Googled?
Ski resorts in Colorado. Just because I like the clothes.
20. What makes you cringe?
When someone throws a ball to me and expects me to catch it.
Mary's comments: YAY, another dog lover and Erma Bombeck fan! And the best answer ever recorded here: check out number 18.