BAD TO THE BONE: Memoir of a Rebel Doggie Blogger BY BO HOEFINGER
1. What breed(s) are you? I’m a chow retriever mix.
2. Favorite place to sleep? In the dark, on the bed, in my father’s spot.
3. Favorite food? C’mon, there’s nothing better than peanut butter. Peanut butter covered pills, peanut butter covered biscuits and, although I haven’t seen them in the store aisles yet, peanut butter covered kitty snickers. (Hello, Purina, you listening?)
4. How did you find your home? My home found me. I was in a shelter when a rookie human came by window shopping. I had them eating out of my paw in no time.
5. Favorite thing to chew? As with most things, my tastes have changed over time. At first I enjoyed the taste of the family furniture. Then I realized the synthetic leather of my mother’s shoes was much tastier and easier on the mouth. Of course, this was around the time I was introduced to the Kong. Put peanut butter in a Kong and that’s like sending me to daycare for 8 hours.
Now, I’m about 120 in human years, so the only thing I like chewing is Tapioca pudding.
6. Indoors or Outdoors? Since I’ve lived inside my whole life, you’d think I’d say indoors. But no, I enjoy the outdoors. My formative years were spent in the northeast, with all the splendid snowstorms it offered. I loved it. Loved being outside. Loved digging my nose deep into the snow. Loved the cool weather. It should come as no surprise then that my parents moved us to the South. They’re spiteful like that.
7. Are you embarrassed by dog outfits? Depends on what I’m wearing. My parents surprised me one year with a Darth Vader costume for Halloween. It was the coolest thing ever. All the kids where like, “Whoa, look at the doggie. He’s so cool.”
8. Dog Trainers: Friend or Foe? Clearly they’re a friend. Isn’t that why they carry that snack pack on their hip?
You do what they tell you, and you receive some good, high quality snacks. Then, when they’ve left, you can forget everything they’ve told you. Friends are great.
9. Hair cuts or the natural look? I go with the natural look because, quite honestly, I won the gene pool lottery.
10. Do you like baths? Not unless it’s my sister, Copper, in the tub.
11. Favorite place to watch your territory from? A lounge chair.
12. What cute thing do you do for a treat? I give paw, officially known as The BoPaw. I sit, raise my paw, and simultaneously turn my head 45 degrees. No human has been able to hold on to what’s in his/her hands when fully applied.
Of course I could play dead, but at my age I’m afraid they might not think I was playing.
13. What most do you like to bark at? Squirrels. You know, those rats with bushy tails.
14. Cats: Take them or leave them? Take ‘em. My feline sister Moose has saved me countless trips to the supermarket for a fix of my kitty snickers addiction.
15. Would you chase a squirrel right now if you could? Yes. It is my duty as a dog to do so.
16. If you catch something, what do you do with it? Keep in mind the last thing I caught was a cold.
17. World domination or too much work? World domination, as long as it fits into my waking hours from 10 am to noon each day.
18. Do you prefer to walk or go for a car ride? Car ride for a simple reason: they usually end in walks. A “two for” special.
19. If you could do one thing right now, what would it be? Become the best-selling dog author of all time. More immediately though, it’s to go outside and take a whiz. No seriously, I gotta go…and right now!
20. What book would like to chew the cover off? Dewey the cat’s book. C’mon, a book about a cat? And a best seller at that? Am I bitter? Yes.
Anything else to bark about?
I always want to remind folks to adopt your next pet from the local animal shelter, rescue group or animal welfare organization. There are so many loving animals in need. That one dog, or yes even a cat, staring back at you from the other side of the steel bars will change your life for the better.
My book is dedicated to rescue and shelter workers who make this world a better place, one animal at a time. I donate 10% of my proceeds to help homeless dogs…and cats. Woof!
WANT TO WIN A PAWTOGRAPHED COPY OF BAD TO THE BONE?
You just need to have a mailing address in the US and not one in at PO Box. This giveaway is sponsored by the author and the winner will be chosen by Random.org. This contest will end on 4/22/10.
+1 Leave a comment with your email address (you can do this daily for additional entries) +5 Follow Bo on his blog HERE (one comment for this entry) +1 Follow Me +1 Post about this contest and leave me a link on any social network (you can do this daily) +1 Be my Good Reads Friend HERE