Size Eight In A Size Zero World
by Meredith Cagen
ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!
I have to say you can't judge a book by the cover on this one. I fell in love with the cover and found the story even more wonderful. Lindsay is a heroine with flaws and you are cheering for her to overcome her husband, mother and lover to become something in her own right. The minor characters in the book are quite believable as well.
I loved how this story takes a different tack on the whole NY social scene. There is a lot of humor and love in this tale. You just have to read it and of course there is a reference to "social x-rays". Oh and dogs! Yes, Lindsay loves her dog, Digby. If you enjoy Tom Wolfe, Madeleine Wickham, or Marian Keyes, try this one.
Don't forget to scroll down and read the 20 Questions and enter the giveaway for my copy of this book -- it is autographed too!
Description from GoodReads:
Meet Lindsay Chandler-a 32 year-old New York working wife and mother with old-fashioned values who thinks she's living a fairy tale life (she's not). Then an unexpected friendship with her upstairs neighbor (he is smart, successful, sophisticated and sexy- she's not) unleashes her passion and re-ignites her sparkle. This liaison causes her to question the way she lives her life. Yearning for a storybook ending, she decides to make changes in her life, embarking on a quest for self re-invention.
Paperback: 340 pages
Publisher: iUniverse (November 23, 2009)
About the Author:
Obtained From: Author
20 QUESTIONS WITH MEREDITH CAGEN
1. Bookmarks or dog ears?
2. Dust jacket on or off when reading a hard back?
3. Favorite author?
4. Favorite genre’?
5. What is the best book you have read in the last year?
Constantine’s Sword by James Carroll. Absolutely amazing!
6. What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
My book, Size Eight in a Size Zero World. Who would play the Man Upstairs?
7. If you could only take one book with you to a desert island, which would you bring?
The biggest joke book I could find!
8. What book have you read that you think is overrated?
The Lost Symbol
9. What are you reading right now?
Sookie Stackhouse books
10. What is the last book you bought?
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
11. What is the last book you received in the mail?
The Writers Marketplace
12. What is the number of books you own?
122, It is also my ideal weight.
13. What is the first book you remember reading by yourself as a child?
Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Suess
14. Do you have a favorite place to read?
On the beach in Cancun, Mexico.
15. What is next for you, publishing-wise?
I never planned on writing Size Eight, it just happened. I’m thinking of writing “The Cinderella Girls.” It is the story of two girls exploring Manhattan’s night life. During their adventures, one of the girls always loses her shoe. It is based on one of my good friends.
16. Do you prefer to write about animals or people?
People, but I prefer the company of dogs.
17. Do you have any pets (real or imaginary)?
Digby and Barclay, they are my Havanese dogs. Digby is a character in my novel. I will attach a photo.
18. The last thing you Googled?
19. What one thing would you save in a fire (other than pictures, people or animals)?
20. What makes you cringe?
Mistakes, lost opportunities and when my hair is frizzy.
AND NOW THE IMPORTANT PART.....
To win my copy of this book you need to:
Have a mailing address in the US and be willing to review this book and post that review on two sites (it can be a blog, Amazon, GoodReads, etc). Contest ends 2.28.10
PLEASE LEAVE A NEW COMMENT FOR EACH ENTRY!
+1 Comment here with a way to contact you and you can stop by daily to enter.
+1 Follow Me
+2 Become a Fan on the Size 8 Facebook page HERE!
+1 Visit Meredith's website HERE!
+1 for EACH post (blog, twitter, social network, etc) and leave a link here in the comments.